Artwork can come in all different shapes and sizes. Whether painted canvasses or photography, art can be displayed and hung in a number of ways to create an interesting look that will help brighten and add interest to any home. Here are some quick design tricks to hanging art.
1. Hang identical pieces of art in a grouping to create the illusion of art in a series. One of the biggest designer tricks is to hang identical pieces of artwork to create two pieces of art in a series called a diptych or three pieces of art in a series known as a triptych.
2. Use oversized framed pieces of photography instead of art. Black and white photography especially can make a powerful statement.
3. Place art in rooms of the home that are often forgotten such as bathrooms and kitchens.
4. Don’t be afraid to lean art frames and mirrors against a wall instead of hanging them. Often with oversized mirrors, this technique can create an interesting and dynamic look.
5. Create your own art using framed letters or even wallpaper. This can be a fun and festive look, especially in children’s bedrooms.
6. Include framed artwork when incorporating display items such as accessories on shelving and bookcases.
7. Don’t be afraid to incorporate color into your framed artwork, or uniquely shaped frames.
8. Integrate natural frames. Natural colored frames can actually feel modern and minimalist, and they can serve as a welcomed alternative to traditional colors such as black and white.
9. Hang small framed artwork or framed artwork of various shapes and sizes in groupings. This technique can create a dynamic and interesting display.
10. Consider hanging nontraditional artwork such as Plexiglas or framed shadowboxes filled with interesting items of mementos.
Published at Tue, 29 May 2018 13:18:27 +0000